Chichester City Council, in conjunction with West Sussex County Council, grant permission for the display of street banners in North and East Streets in Chichester.
The fixing points for banners are :
North Street - on the buildings occupied by O2 Phone Shop (East Side) and Boots (West Side)
East Street - on the buildings occupied by the former Field & Trek shop (North Side) and Monsoon (South Side)
- Banners should be of 7500mm long x 900mm wide
- Banners may be displayed with permission only between the months of May and September
- No organisation will be permitted to display more than one banner at any one time
- Banners may advertise only events taking place within the City
- Banners may be displayed for no more than two consecutive weeks before or during the event being advertised at any one time
- If the display period ends on a Sunday the banner can be taken down on the following Monday.
- Banners can only be put up on the specified start date of the display period.
Organisations receiving permission for the display of a banner must comply fully with the requirements of West Sussex County Council Highways Department.
Organisations must complete the Application Form, the Form of Indemnity and provide a copy of the £10m Public Liability Insurance for the banner
Banners must be in good condition and suspended only from the fixing points already in place in North and East Streets
Chichester City Council will not accept liability for any type of claim arising from the raising, display or lowering of any banner
An administration fee of £36 is applicable to each application submitted and should be enclosed with the application form. Cheques should be made payable to ‘Chichester City Council’.
As banners are displayed across the highway, West Sussex County Council as the highway authority, will only grant permission if the correct level of insurance is in place.
Please contact either by telephone (01243 788502) or e-mail H.Monckton@chichestercity.gov.uk for further information.