Reminder: Tier 2 ‘High Alert’ rules now apply across West Sussex
From today, Wednesday 2 December, England’s new three-tier system comes into effect and the national lockdown has been lifted.
West Sussex has been placed in Tier 2.
The new restrictions include:
- Mixing indoors only with people in the same household or bubble
- Sticking to the rule of six outdoors (including private gardens)
- COVID-secure businesses can re-open
- Spectators will be allowed to watch sport, with a maximum crowd capacity outdoors of 50% of the capacity of the stadium or 2,000 people, whichever is smaller. Indoors, the maximum capacity is 1,000
- Indoor entertainment venues, such as cinemas, casinos and bowling alleys, can open, but must close at 11pm
- Everyone who can work from home should do so.
Please familiarise yourself with the full list of new restrictions by visiting the GOV.UK website.
The very latest COVID-19 information for West Sussex, including data about incidence rates, is always available on our website.
Thank you for your continued support – keep safe.