City Council Annual Awards
Chichester City Council's Civic and Heritage Awards have been presented since 1986 and the Young Citizens' Awards since 2001.
In 2018 two new awards were created namely a 'Community Award' and a 'Building or Places of Local Historic Interest Award'. The definition of the Awards are listed below.
Civic Awards are presented to people (who need not necessarily be resident in the City) who have contributed their services to the well-being of the City.
- The Heritage Awards are for buildings that are 'new-build' or have been restored, extended, etc, within the past 12 months and which have enhanced or made an impact on the City.
- The Young Citizens' Awards are presented for any heroic, caring and citizenship roles undertaken in the City by people under the age of 18 years.
- The new Community Award is for groups or organisations who have made an outstanding contribution of the City and its residents.
- The new Building or Places of Local Historic Interest Award is for a building or places that have made a significant contribution to the history of Chichester.
Chichester City Council will also consider nominations for Blue Plaques to commemorate famous people or events connected with Chichester buildings.
The photograph right shows the 2018 winners.
Nominations are sought from members of public during August and September each year with decisions being made by the Members of the City Council in October and the Awards presented at a Ceremony held in the following February.
Please note that if your Heritage or Blue Plaque Nomination is successful it is the responsibility of either the owner of the building or the nominating organisation to meet any costs involved with the installation of a plaque to a building.
If you wish to nominate a person or building in one of the above categories, please complete the appropriate form below and send it to the address given on the form.
All nominations should reach us BY 5.00PM on FRIDAY 25 SEPTEMBER 2020.
Alternatively, you can obtain a printed copy as follows:
- By writing to: Civic Awards 2020, Chichester City Council, The Council House, North Street, Chichester. PO19 1LQ
- By Emailing: email@example.com