Skip to content Skip to left sidebar Skip to footer

Agenda – Finance Working Group – 25 November 2021

Below is the agenda for the Finance Working Group meeting for 19 September 2021.

You can also download a PDF copy of the agenda here: Agenda – Finance Working Group – 25 November 2021

Supporting papers for this meeting are only available in PDF format. Please use the links below to download

Chichester City Council - Coat of Arms

CHICHESTER CITY COUNCIL
The Council House • North Street • CHICHESTER • West Sussex • PO19 1LQ
Tel: 01243 788502
Email: clerk@chichestercity.gov.uk • Website: www.chichestercity.gov.uk
Town Clerk: R Duggua RD BA (Hons)

YOU ARE INVITED TO ATTEND A VIRTUAL MEETING OF THE
FINANCE WORKING GROUP
TO BE HELD ON THURSDAY 25 NOVEMBER 2021 AT 2.00PM


Town Clerk

AGENDA

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

2. MINUTES OF THE FINANCE WORKING GROUP MEETING HELD ON 19 OCTOBER 2021 AND THE SPECIAL MEETING OF THE FINANCE WORKING GROUP HELD ON 28 OCTOBER 2021.

3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST BY MEMBERS OF THE WORKING GROUP IN MATTERS ON THE AGENDA FOR THIS MEETING

4. UPDATE FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES

Please note that any actions arising from the previous Minutes are included on the agenda.

a) Minute 29(a) – Speed Indicator Device

Town Clerk to report

b) Minute 46(iii) – Remembrance Sunday

Town Clerk to report

c) Minute 58 – Neighbourhood Plan – request from the Steering Group for funding for administrative support

Town Clerk to report.

5. REVENUE BUDGET MONITORING TO OCTOBER 2021

Deputy Town Clerk to report

(Report attached)

6. EARMARKED RESERVES

Deputy Town Clerk to report

(Report attached)

7. PUBLIC REALM PROJECTS

Deputy Town Clerk to report

(Report attached)

8. CITY COUNCIL BUDGET 2022/2023

Deputy Town Clerk to report

(Report attached)

9. UPDATE ON NEW HOMES BONUS APPROVALS

Deputy Town Clerk to report

(Report attached)

10. EXTERNAL AUDIT OF ANNUAL ACCOUNTS – 2020/2021 – BY MOORE UK

Deputy Town Clerk to report

(Report attached)

11. RISK MANAGEMENT ACTION PLAN

Deputy Town Clerk

(Report attached)

12. MINUTES OF THE PROPERTY WORKING GROUP MEETING HELD ON 8 NOVEMBER 2021

To approve and adopt the minutes of the Property Working Group meeting held on 8 November 2021.

Items of note:

a) Damp in the Town Clerk’s office – to note immediate works required to rectify rising damp in the Town Clerk’s office to be undertaken by DB Damp Proofing Services at a cost of £1,670 to be paid from Council House Maintenance.

b) Lidl to Story Road link – to note strictly limited further work by the Property Team to lay additional aggregate as a short term repair to the path.

13. ITEMS FOR INFORMATION ONLY (reports attached)

a) MONTHLY RECONCILIATION WITH EVIDENCE OF BANK STATEMENTS TO END OF OCTOBER 2021

b) LIST OF PAYMENTS MADE FOR JULY, AUGUST, SEPTEMBER AND OCTOBER 2021

c) LIST OF BARCLAYCARD PAYMENTS FOR JULY, AUGUST, SEPTEMBER AND OCTOBER 2021

14. ITEMS FOR INCLUSION ON NEXT AGENDA

15. CONFIDENTIAL ITEMS

To request that the public and press be excluded from this meeting for agenda items 16 and 17 only because of the confidential nature of the business to be transacted namely commercial and staffing matters.

16. UPDATE ON THE MARKET HOUSE

Deputy Town Clerk to report

17. STAFFING REPORT

Town Clerk to report

(Report attached)

DATE OF NEXT ORDINARY MEETING:      MONDAY 24 JANUARY 2022 – NOTE CHANGE OF DAY

To :

Members of the Finance Committee

  • Councillor Scicluna
  • Councillor Barrie
  • Councillor Dignum
  • Councillor Harry
  • Councillor K Hughes                       

Ex Officio Members :

  • The Mayor (Councillor J Hughes)
  • The Deputy Mayor (Councillor Joy)
  • Chairman of Planning & Conservation Committee (Councillor Plowman)
  • Chairman of Community Affairs Committee (Councillor Apel)

The filming, photographing and recording of City Council meetings is now permitted by those members of the press and public attending. This includes the use of mobile devices by those using social media. It would be appreciated if anyone who wishes to do this could let the Chairman know before the meeting commences.

However, these provisions will not apply on occasions where the press and public are excluded from the meeting when confidential matters are discussed.

It is requested that discretion is exercised and nothing done to disrupt or distract the meeting in any way. The Chairman will reserve the right to request that filming/recording ceases if it is having a detrimental effect upon the meeting. If you do not wish to be filmed then please let the Chairman know so that alternative arrangements can be made.

Skip to content