Skip to content Skip to left sidebar Skip to footer

The Market House (Butter Market)

The Market House (Butter Market) in North Street was built in 1808 by John Nash to provide accommodation for small traders who had previously traded at the Market Cross.

The Market House, North Street, Chichester - tables in front
The Market House, North Street, Chichester on a sunny day with tables set up for outside dining
The Market House, North Street, Chichester
The Market House, North Street, Chichester

The upper storey of the building was added in 1900 to provide a technical institute and art school.

In partnership with Orion Developments (Southern) Ltd, a refurbished Butter Market re-opened in April 2011.

Skip to content