Skip to content Skip to left sidebar Skip to footer

St James Obelisk

The St James Obelisk was erected in 1745 in the mayoralty of Charles Duke of Richmond Lennox Aubigny at the junction of St Pancras and Westhampnett Road to mark the boundary of the City on the east.

The St James Obelisk bears the Inscription:

“Erected in the mayoralty of Charles Duke of Richmond Lennox Aubigny MDCCXLV”.

The obelisk inscription is shown in the photograph:

Skip to content