Chichester City Council – The Parish Council for Chichester
The City Council is responsible for a variety of activities listed below. If you have any questions about any of these, and you can’t find the answers on the website, please do get in touch – contact details are at the bottom of the page.
If it is not listed here and you still don’t know where to look, get in touch and we will try to point you in the right direction.
Chichester City Council:
- is home of the Mayor of Chichester who is selected annually from among its elected members
- owns the Council House, the Market House and the City Cross
- presents Civic, Heritage, Community, Young Citizens’ and Local Historic Interest Awards and Blue Plaques
- deals with the street naming and the upkeep of the nameplates
- is responsible for the letting and regulation of allotments in the City
- maintains disused burial grounds
- is responsible for the War Memorial in Litten Gardens as well as Litten Gardens as a whole
- oversees twinning activities between Chartres, France and Ravenna, Italy
- works in partnership with others on floral and environmental issues in the City
- is a consultee on planning applications in the City