Annual Accounts and Audit
Each year the Annual Return is inspected by an external auditor. The audited Annual Return for year ended 31 March 2020 has now been published.
Chichester City Council’s audited can be downloaded or a paper copy of the document is available by contacting the City Council. The audited Statement of Accounts gives details of Income and Expenditure for the financial year ending 31 March in the stated period.
The external auditors, Moore Stephens, have concluded the audit for the financial year 2019/2020.
A local government elector for the City may obtain, inspect or take a hard copy of the Statement of Accounts and Auditors Certificate and Report by arrangement with the Town Clerk between Monday and Friday 9.00am and 5.00pm (except 1.00pm to 2.00pm lunch time) at the Council House, North Street, Chichester.
- Notice of Conclusion of Audit 2018-19 (PDF download)
- Annual Governance and Accountability Return – 2018-19
- Statutory announcement of the availability of unaudited accounts for Chichester City Council – 2019-2020 (PDF download)
- Chichester City Council unaudited statement of accounts – 2019-20 (PDF download)
- Chichester City Council – Annual Governance Statement – 2019-2020 – section 1 (PDF download)
- Chichester City Council – Accounting Statements – 2019-2020 – section 2 (PDF download)
- Chichester City Council – Accounting Statements – 2019-2020 – section 3 (PDF download)
- Notice of Conclusion of Audit 2019-20 (PDF download)
- Statutory announcement of the availability of unaudited accounts for Chichester City Council – 2020-2021 (PDF download)
- Chichester City Council – Annual Governance Statement – 2020-2021 – section 1 (PDF download)
- Chichester City Council – Accounting Statements – 2020-2021 – section 2 (PDF download)
Payments over £500
During each financial year, the City Council will produce regular reports listing payments over £500 that have been made to various companies, bodies and individuals. This is in accordance with the request from Government for all Councils to be open and transparent.
Please note: all these reports are in the form of PDF downloads
- 2018 – April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December
- 2019 – January to March | April to September | October to December
- 2020 – January to March | April to June | July | August to October | November 2020 to January 2021
- 2021 – February to March | April
In accordance with the Local Government Transparency Code 2015 local authorities must publish details of any contract, commissioned activity, purchase order, framework agreement and any other legally enforceable agreement with a value that exceeds £5,000.
Community Infrastructure Levy monitoring
From 1 February 2016 Chichester District Council introduced its Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL). The CIL is a new way in which the District Council collects financial contributions from developers to help pay for new and improved infrastructure. This money is passed onto parish councils. The CIL Monitoring Report below shows the amount of CIL money received by the City Council between 1 April 2018 and 31 March 2019.