Minutes – Full Council (Special meeting) – 4 February 2021
The minutes of this meeting are presented below.
You can also download a PDF copy of the minutes here: Minutes – Full Council (Special meeting) – 4 February 2021
MINUTES OF THE PROCEEDINGS OF THE VIRTUAL SPECIAL MEETING OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF CHICHESTER HELD ON THURSDAY 4 FEBRUARY 2021 AT 4.30PM
- The Mayor (Councillor Plowman)
- The Deputy Mayor (Councillor J Hughes)
- Councillor Apel
- Councillor Bell
- Councillor Bowden
- Councillor Gershater
- Councillor Harry
- Councillor C Hughes
- Councillor Joy
- Councillor Scicluna
- Councillor Carter
- Councillor Dignum
- Councillor K Hughes
- Councillor Lishman
- Councillor Turbefield
- Retrospective apologies were received from Councillor Gaskin
- Town Clerk
- Deputy Town Clerk
- Mayoral/Administrator Assistant
- Councillor Barrie
- Councillor Sharp
47. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
As recorded above.
48. TO CONSIDER PASSING A RESOLUTION UNDER SECTION 249(5) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972 THAT CHICHESTER CITY COUNCIL CONFERS ON PHILIP JACKSON CVO, DL, MA, FRBS THE FREEDOM OF THE CITY OF CHICHESTER IN RESPECT OF EMINENT SERVICES RENDERED TO THE CITY
It was proposed, put to the vote and unanimously RESOLVED that Philip Jackson CVO, DL, MA, FRBS, be inferred with the Freedom of the City of Chichester in respect of eminent services rendered to the City in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Local Government Act 1972. The Town Clerk said that the date of the Ceremony to confer the Freedom had been suggested as Thursday 15 April 2021 in Chichester Cathedral but that this could change dependent upon the government guidelines in place at that time.
The meeting closed at 4.47pm.