Minutes – Planning and Conservation Committee – 14 November 2018
The minutes of this meeting are presented below.
You can also download a PDF copy of the minutes here: Minutes – Planning and Conservation Committee – 14 November 2018
MINUTES OF THE PLANNING AND CONSERVATION COMMITTEE MEETING HELD ON WEDNESDAY 14 NOVEMBER 2018 AT 5.30PM
- Councillor Joy
- Councillor M Evans
- Councillor Keyworth
- Councillor Kilby (Chairman)
- Councillor Plowman
- The Mayor (Councillor Bell)
- Deputy Mayor (Councillor Tupper)
- Councillor Macey
- Councillor Sharp
- Councillor Dignum
- Planning Adviser
- Mayoral/Administrative Assistant
- Councillor Dempster
- Councillor Galloway
73. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
As recorded above.
RESOLVED that the Minutes of the meeting held on 17 October 2018 having been printed and circulated were signed by the Chairman as a correct record with the following amendment:
Minute 71 – Tollhouse Close to be added to the Local List
Minute 68(b) – Councillor Scicluna had passed on the views of a local Quaker regarding “Penn Way” – it was not her personal opinion.
75. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST BY MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE IN MATTERS ON THE AGENDA FOR THIS MEETING
Councillors Kilby and Plowman as a member of Chichester District Council, declared Personal Interests. Councillor Plowman as a member of the Chichester Conservation Area Advisory Committee declared a Personal Interest.
76. PLANNING CONTRAVENTIONS
There were no planning contravention updates to report.
77. APPLICATIONS FOR PLANNING PERMISSION
List 41 – 10 October 2018
CC/18/02538/FUL – Case Officer: Fjola Stevens
Mr Edward White Priory Park, Chichester Castle Priory Lane Chichester PO19 1BL
Temporary change of use to Christmas ice rink with ancillary food and drink uses, including the installation and removal of ancillary temporary structures.
The Chairman updated the Committee on the Planning meeting held at Chichester District Council earlier in the day to determine this application.
It was RESOLVED to note that the application had been approved by the Chichester District Council Planning Committee for this year. The application for a Premises License to serve alcohol was a separate issue and would be dealt with accordingly at a hearing on 22 November 2018.
78. TO GIVE PRELIMINARY CONSIDERATION TO THE WAY IN WHICH PLANNING APPLICATIONS OF “SIGNIFICANT PUBLIC INTEREST” ARE DEALT WITH
The Chairman explained that a meeting would be arranged with officers of the City Council to discuss the practicalities of refining the planning processes. A report would be produced for discussion at the next meeting of the Committee.
The Mayor referred to his Personal Statement appended to the minutes of the Planning Delegation Sub-Committee held on 7 November 2018.
79. LOCAL BUILDINGS LIST – HISTORIC BUILDINGS OF LOCAL INTEREST
The Planning Adviser with the aid of a visual presentation gave an overview of the sites for consideration for the Local List in the far north of the city as follows:
- Woodland Place, Rew Lane
- Fordwater Copse, Fordwater Road
- 29 The Avenue
- Chestnut Cottage, The Drive
- 13 Lavant Road
- Tudor House, 7 Lavant Road
- The Keep, Broyle Road, including The Walls
- Comme Ca, 67 Broyle Road
It was RESOLVED to keep these sites on the Local Buildings List.
In addition, Councillor Plowman suggested looking into the possibility of including some buildings highlighted in the Summersdale Neighbourhood Character Appraisal, the Lutyens building on The Drive and Edwardian Arts and Crafts buildings on Highland Road.
The Planning Adviser was requested to produce a map (with overlays) for members, showing buildings in Chichester which are statutorily listed”.
Post meeting note: The Planning Adviser had produced and distributed a map (with overlays) to members showing statutorily listed buildings (blue/green) and locally listed buildings (purple).
80. PUBLICATION OF THE INSPECTOR’S REPORT ON THE SITE ALLOCATION PROPOSED SUBMISSION DEVELOPMENT PLAN DOCUMENT 2014-2029
RESOLVED To note that it is anticipated that the report will be submitted to CDC on 8 January 2019 and 22 January 2019 with a view to adoption of the Site Allocation DPD.
81. MINUTES OF SUB-COMMITTEES AND WORKING GROUPS
The Minutes of the Planning Delegation Sub-Committee meeting held on 7 November 2018 having been previously circulated were approved and adopted.
82. ITEMS TO BE INCLUDED ON AGENDA FOR NEXT MEETING
- Local List – The north of the city
- Southern Gateway Development Brief – update
- Meeting held to discuss giving preliminary consideration to the way in which planning applications of “significant public interest” are dealt with
83. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Wednesday 12 December 2018
The meeting closed at 6.18pm