Announcement of New Falls Prevention Service for Chichester Wellbeing: Wellbalanced for Wellbeing
Chichester Wellbeing are pleased to announce that they have commissioned Active House Solutions to provide a new community Falls Prevention Programme.
The COVID-19 pandemic has made it challenging to deliver our falls prevention service as a group class in the community and working with AHS provides the perfect opportunity to offer residents of Chichester district who have previously fallen or are at risk of falling the chance to improve their strength and balance through a remote, virtual programme (with the hope of returning to community-based group classes when it is safe to do so).
We need your help in helping to reach those that would benefit from using the service in your community and would ask for your assistance in promoting it in the following ways if possible:
- Do you have a village website/Facebook page/Next Door or similar where you can post information?
· Is there a parish magazine/newsletter where information can be included (we understand there may be a charge for doing so)
· If we send you a physical poster would you be able to display it on parish/church/shop notice boards? How many would you need?
· Are there any community groups which particularly help older members of the community that you can put us in contact with or share the information with?
An individual can self-refer to use the Wellbalanced for Wellbeing programme (or alternatively GPs and other health and social care practitioners can) and they will be individually assessed during a phone call before being enrolled in a 24-week Falls Management Exercise programme which is led by specialist Postural Stability Instructors with a second instructor to assist. Participants will be asked to pay £12 for the full course regardless of whether they join group video class or receive 1:1 support.
Of over 400 participants across West Sussex who have taken part in Wellbalanced for Wellbeing since July 2017:
- 85% of participants maintain or improve their strength and balance.
- Each participant will, on average, make a 24% improvement in their Timed Up & Go test and a 20% improvement in their concern or fear of falling.
- 80% of participants improve their mental wellbeing.
More information and referral forms can be found on the Wellbalanced for Wellbeing Website.
If you are able to assist with any of the above please do email either by return or firstname.lastname@example.org