Nominations to open for West Sussex County Council and Chichester City Council by-elections
Nominations will open next month for a councillor vacancy in West Sussex County Council’s Bourne Division and in Chichester City Council’s North Ward.
The nomination period for both by-elections will commence on Friday 1 October 2021 and end at 4pm on Friday 8 October 2021.
Anyone wishing to stand as a candidate can ask for nomination forms from the Elections Office at Chichester District Council by calling 01243 521010 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Nomination papers must be submitted by hand to the (Deputy) Returning Officer at Chichester District Council.
If contested, a by-election for the North Ward of Chichester City Council will take place on Thursday 4 November 2021. The polling stations for this election will be:
- The Sunray Building, Little Breach; and
- St Michaels Church Hall, Summersdale Road.
If the Bourne Division vacancy of West Sussex County Council is contested, a by-election will take place on Thursday 4 November 2021. The polling stations for this election will be:
- St Wilfrids Church Hall, Broad Road, Southbourne;
- Southbourne Age Concern Centre, New Road, Southbourne;
- Tuppenny Barn, Main Road, Southbourne;
- Bourne Leisure Centre, Park Road, Southbourne;
- Station Staff Office, Baker Barracks, Thorney Island;
- Forestside & Stansted Village Hall, Forestside; and
- Westbourne Parish Hall, Westbourne Road, Westbourne.
The hours of both polls will be from 7am until 10pm.
The successful candidates will serve on Chichester City Council until May 2023 and West Sussex County Council until May 2024.