The agenda and papers for this meeting are available here: Finance Committee – 8 August 2022 – agenda and papers (Special Meeting)
The minutes of this meeting are presented below.
You can also download a PDF copy of the minutes here: Minutes – Finance Committee (Special meeting) – 8 August 2022
MINUTES OF THE SPECIAL MEETING OF THE FINANCE COMMITTEE HELD IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBER ON MONDAY 8 AUGUST 2022 AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE PRECEDING MEETING OF THE PERSONNEL SUB-COMMITTEE.
- Councillor Scicluna (Chairman)
- Councillor Barrie (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor Dignum
- Councillor J Hughes
- The Mayor (Councillor Joy)
- The Deputy Mayor (Councillor Plowman)
- Councillor Apel (Chairman of Community Affairs)
- Councillor Gershater
ALSO IN ATTENDANCE:
- Town Clerk
- Mr David Maycock (Consultant, South East Employers, Winchester)
The meeting commenced at 12.05pm
27. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Apologies with a reason were received from Councillors K Hughes and Quail.
Councillor Harry was absent from the meeting.
28. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST BY MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE IN MATTERS ON THE AGENDA FOR THIS MEETING
No declarations of interest were declared relating to matters to be discussed on the agenda.
29. MINUTES OF THE PERSONNEL SUB-COMMITTEE MEETING HELD ON 21 JULY 2022
RESOLVED to accept the minutes of the Personnel Sub-Committee held on 21 July 2022.
30. TO RECEIVE AN ORAL REPORT ON THE MATTERS DISCUSSED AT THE PRECEEDING PERSONNEL SUB-COMMITTEE MEETING (8 AUGUST 2022).
The Chairman advised Members that the summary oral report on and recommendation from the Personnel Sub-Committee held immediately prior to the Special Finance Committee meeting would be taken in closed session.
31. PUBLIC BODIES (ADMISSION TO MEETINGS ACT 1960)
RESOLVED that the public and press be excluded from this meeting for agenda item 6 due to the nature of the business to be transacted, namely confidential staffing matters.
32. SENIOR STAFFING MATTER
The Town Clerk summarised the discussion that had taken place at the Personnel Sub-Committee meeting and advised that a recommendation had been made to the Finance Committee as follows:
It was RECOMMENDED to the Finance Committee being held immediately after the Personnel Sub-Committee meeting on 8 August 2022 that:
a) SEE be appointed as consultants to the City Council in this matter, the daily rate for their services being £650 plus VAT;
b) SEE draw up a job description and person specification,
c) SEE produce a further report of options to assist Councillors in the recruitment process i.e. Councillor interview training, graphic design for the recruitment pack and psychometric testing of candidates, and
d) the question of the composition of an interview panel would be settled at a later date.
It was then RESOLVED that the recommendation as given be accepted.
DATE OF NEXT ORDINARY MEETING: Tuesday 13 September 2022
The meeting closed at 12.10pm