Notice of Election - Chichester City Council - Chichester West Ward
NOTICE OF ELECTION
Election of a Chichester City Councillor
An election is to be held for a City Councillor to fill a casual vacancy in the West Ward of Chichester City.
City Councillors to be elected - Chichester West - One City Councillor
1. Forms of nomination for the City Election may be obtained at East Pallant House, 1 East Pallant, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 1TY from the Returning Officer who will, at the request of an elector for any electoral area prepare a nomination paper for signature.
2. Nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer, East Pallant House, 1 East Pallant, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 1TY on any day after the date of this notice but no later than 4pm on Thursday, 8th April 2021.
3. If any election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday, 6th May 2021 from 7.00am to 10.00pm.
4. Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by midnight on Monday 19 April 2021. Applications can be made online: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
5. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election must be on the grounds of physical incapacity or for work or because you have been told you need to self isolate. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021.
6. Applications to register to vote by post or proxy should be made to the Electoral Registration Officer at Chichester District Council, East Pallant House, 1 East Pallant, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 1TY based on the deadlines set out below:
New applications to register to vote - Midnight on Monday, 19 April 2021
New applications to vote by post or to cancel or amend an existing postal vote or proxy appointment - 5pm on Tuesday, 20 April 2021
New applications to vote by proxy - 5pm on Tuesday, 27 April 2021
Applications for an emergency proxy vote - 5pm on Thursday, 6 May 2021
Published by the Returning Officer ,East Pallant House, 1 East Pallant, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 1TY