Chichester City Council is looking for a friendly, professional, and self-motivated Committee and Communities Officer – 30 hours per week
This role is office based in central Chichester with the possibility to work from home once training is completed. The salary will be £25,991 to £27,741 FTE, dependant on qualifications and experience.
- To be the first point of contact responsible for Committee and Working Group meetings, including preparing agendas, papers, and minute-taking and maintenance of attendance and minute books; and coordinate actions arising from those meetings.
- Liaise with other staff as necessary to ensure smooth administration of the Committee and Working Group meetings and other Council’s affairs as appropriate.
- To work with community and voluntary groups in support of City Council projects.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Self-motivated and able to work under own initiative
- Excellent organisational skills
- Awareness of the role of the City Council in local government
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good IT skills, including word processing, emailing, and the ability to quickly pickup skills for any project-specific software
The successful applicant will be enthusiastic, organised and adaptable.
Closing date 14th January 2022
Interviews will be held week commencing 17th January 2022.
TO APPLY: Please call our office on (01243 788502) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
Job description: Committee and Communities Officer (downloadable PDF)
Alternatively, download and complete the job application form: Committee and Communities Officer application form (downloadable PDF)
Completed forms should be returned to:
- email@example.com or
- Administration, Chichester City Council, The Council House, North Street, Chichester. PO19 1LQ