Chichester City Council is looking for a Mayor’s Secretary – 18.5 hours per week
This role is office based in central Chichester with the possibility to work from home once training is completed. The salary will be £23,080 to £24,491 FTE, dependant on qualifications and experience.
- To undertake administrative and secretarial duties in support of the activities of the Mayor, Town Clerk and City Council generally.
- Liaise with other staff as necessary to ensure smooth administration of the Council’s affairs.
- Maintaining the Mayoral budget
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Good customer relations
- Good attention to detail
- Able to work in a team and on own initiative and organise date and time engagements
- Office Computer literacy skills and IT knowledge
The successful applicant will be enthusiastic, adaptable and looking for a new challenge. They will also need to have flexibility to adapt their work pattern as required by the Mayoral schedule.
Closing date 14th January 2022
Interviews will be held week commencing 17th January 2022.
TO APPLY: Please call our office on (01243 788502) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
Job description: Mayor’s Secretary (downloadable PDF)
Alternatively, download and complete the job application form: Mayor’s Secretary application form (downloadable PDF)
Completed forms should be returned to:
- email@example.com or
- Administration, Chichester City Council, The Council House, North Street, Chichester. PO19 1LQ