Are you a Chichester based community group?
Is your fundraising a problem?
Would a small grant help?
If the answer to these questions is ‘Yes’, it may be time to contact Chichester City Council and find out if we can help.
Chichester City Council offers small grants to groups based in the city or whose work is mainly focused within the Parish of Chichester.
These grants are available for the purchase of equipment or other capital costs to help your organisation with a specific project.
Grants may, at the discretion of the Community Affairs Committee, be awarded for staff costs but ONLY where these costs are linked to a specific and finite project.
You will need to:
- be a non-profit making organisation
- be Chichester focused, either through geographic location or target group
- provide a simple Business Plan outlining why a grant would help your organisation
- provide a copy of your latest Audited Accounts or an Income & Expenditure Sheet for the last financial year
Following a decision by the City Council in January 2021, Discretionary Grants are now available in two types:
- £500 or under
- Over £500 but normally limited to £2500
For Grants over £500 we will ask you to provide additional information about the intended purpose of the grant and a representative of the group will be invited to make a short presentation to the Community Affairs Committee in support of your application.
For larger projects that are beyond the scope of Discretionary Grants, the City Council may be able to advise on alternative funding sources.
Please contact: email@example.com for further information
Please download the following documents:
- Discretionary Grants for consideration
- Submitting a Discretionary Grant Application – Guidelines and Terms (2021) – revised April 2022
- Grant Application Form (up to £500)
- Grant Application Form (over £500)
You should ensure that you have read and understood the Guidelines and Terms before submitting your application.
For further details, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL applications should be received by: 12 noon on Friday 24 March 2023
The City Council will next consider Discretionary Grant applications at their Community Affairs Committee meeting in April 2023.
If your grant application is successful, one representative of the organisation will be asked to attend the Full Council Meeting following the Community Affairs Committee meeting to give a brief presentation on the role of the organisation and how the Grant will be used.
All successful Discretionary Grants will be paid by BACS payment following the Full Council Meeting.
Previously Awarded Discretionary Grants